DRS-1218 is a cost effective and high capacity OFDM
modulator mainly used to replace the Baseband and
modulator sections of portable analog radio links.
With its powerful
2048/8192 – point OFDM engine,
this modulator can be easily used in high multi-path
channels with dispersive fading. The linearity
needed by power amplifiers for OFDM modulation is
also achieved by a 6dB back off in transmission path
since much less power is needed for keeping the link
quality in digital architecture. The pre-OFDM
mappings (QPSK, 16-QAM and 64-QAM) give the
modulator a good spectral efficiency for using 6/7/8
MHz channel bandwidth for about 32Mbps of input
rate. The input to the modulator is built from some
or all of the 14 E1 input streams or from the E3
port after passing through the integrated efficient
multiplexer. The modulator can also accept DVB
MPEG-TS on its E3 or ASI ports and is best matched
with Pardis DRS-1228 or any standard professional
Best choice for replacing IF modulator in high performance
Portable Microware Radio links (used with ….).
• 1-14×E1 input streams support.
• 6/7/8 MHz channel bandwidth (optional 5MHz).
• 2K/8K-point OFDM modes support.
• Two ASI/E3 inputs for video mode (optional).
• DVB MPEG-TS on ASI/E3 support (optional).
• Optional DVB-Remux for two ASI/E3 inputs.
• Efficient multiplexing of n×E1 for n=1, 2, 3, …, 14.
• Selectable QPSK/16-QAM/64-QAM modulation for high spectral
• FEC code rates of 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 and
RS(204/188) for powerful channel coding.
• 34-70 MHz IF output (1Hz step) with -30 to 0 dBm level (1
• L-Band output with -30 to 0 dBm level (optional).
• Ethernet, RS-232 and local monitoring and control.
• High quality frequency domain equalizer.
• Compact size of one rack unit.