DBX-8201 is a cost effective and high capacity OFDM
modulator used for DVB-T transmitters, ENG
applications or portable microwave radio links. With
its local or Ethernet based user interface, this
modulator can be fully controlled for different OFDM
modems, coding rates and channel bandwidth. It is
also upgradeable to DVB-H by a software download for
use in mobile applications. The input to this
modulator is through tow ASI or E3 added to the
system to add program set selection feature. The
modulator delivers its output in low-IF or UHF bands
to be ready to use in different application.
• Digital terrestrial
modulator based on ETSI EN 300 744 standard.
• Used in DVB-T transmitters, ENG applications and Portable
Microware Radio links.
• 1-31.6 Mbps input MPEG-TS bit rate.
• 6/7/8 MHz output bandwidth (5MHz optional).
• Selectable QPSK/16-QAM/64-QAM modulations
• FEC code rates of 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and RS(204,188).
• Software upgradeable to DVB-H,(4K mode/5MHz).
• 2K/8K OFDM modes for high multi-path immunity.
• Two ASI/E3 inputs (software selectable).
• Optional Remux for selecting a program set from input
• 34-70 MHz IF output (1Hz step) with -30 to 0 dBm level (1
• Higher VHF and whole UHF output (50 Hz step) with -30 to
-5 dBm Level (1 dB step).
• Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485 or local monitoring and control.
• Compact size of one rack unit.