DBX-4703 is a high quality cost optimized DVB-S
modulator used DSNG or Satellite uplink
applications. The input to the modulator comes from
two ASI or E3 ports by a software selection while a
Remux board can be added to the modulator to add the
ability to choose a program set from the four input
ports. Multiple user interfaces especially Ethernet
prepare a user friendly environment to control and
monitor the modulator and multiple IF and RF outputs
make it easily attachable to uplinks or DSNG RF
units. The modulator is software upgradeable to
DVB-S2 AZ an offer for about 30% bandwidth
• Digital satellite
modulator based on ETSI EN 300 421 Standard.
• Used in DSNG, Satellite uplinks and digital microwave
• 1-6S Mbps input MPEG-TS bit rate.
• 1-45 MSym/s output symbol with 10 sym/s Step
• Robust QPSK modulation or optional 8PSK and 16-QAM for
more spectral efficiency.
• Software upgradeable to DVB-S2 (EN 302 307).
• Two ASI/E3 inputs (Software selectable).
• Optional Remux operation for two inputs.
• FEC code rates of 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and RS(204.188)
• Selectable raised cosine roll-off factor of 0.2 to 0.4.
• 34-70 MHz IF output (1Hz step) with -30 to +5dBm level
(0.1 dB step).
• 950-2150 MHz RF output (50 Hz Step) with -30 to +5 dBm
level(0.1 dB step).
• Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485 and local monitoring and control
• Compact size of one rack unit.